We hope that all of you have been enjoying the spring season. This is the time of year when many people start thinking about their soccer plans for next year. In fact, registration for next year’s AYSO program is taking place on May 2 and May 5, 2013.
With that in mind, we wanted to let you know about a program for U8 players called the U8 Development Program. This program is designed to (1) provide a more challenging level of play for those players who possess the appropriate interest, skills and abilities and (2) to enhance each player's experience and individual growth through the game of soccer while retaining the spirit and organization of AYSO.
The U8 Development Program is intended for U8 players for whom the standard AYSO program is not enough to keep them appropriately challenged – hence the creation of this new program.
Here are the highlights of the AYSO EXTRA Development Program:
- Open to both boys and girls who will be in the U8 age group for the Fall 2013/Spring 2014 playing year (dates of birth from August 1, 2005 through July 31, 2006)
- Players are required to participate in the AYSO standard program with their regular weekday practice(s) and Saturday morning games
- One additional weekday skills session (60 minutes) held at or near Westmont Yard (weather dependant) which will be led by trainers from UK Soccer
- Small-sided games on either Saturday or Sunday afternoons, supervised by trainers from UK Soccer
- Parents invited to participate on game days as either team coaches or referees
- Additional fee required for participation in this program – at this time we are estimating the additional fee to be a total of approximately $300 for the fall and spring seasons with any winter play above and beyond this amount
- All registration and administration of the program will be handled by Westmont Yard
If this program is something your child might be interested in trying, we invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should plan to register your child for the AYSO Fall 2013/Spring 2014 playing year on either May 2 or May 5. Follow all the steps listed on the registration checklist which can be found at this website link: http://www.aysohinsdale.org/Docs/RegistrationInstructions.pdf. Registration for the U8 Development Program will take place after the standard program registration.
Please note that this is not intended to cover all information regarding the U8 Development Program. We know that you will have questions about the program and encourage you to send an email with any questions or to get additional information. We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity to your child and hope that you will consider it when evaluating playing opportunities for next year. We look forward to hearing from you.